| If you ever have trouble getting into a
user account in Windows XP ...
from Microsoft Knowledge Base article
- Reboot Windows in Safe Mode. (repeatedly hit
F8 key while pc is first starting)
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type the following command,
and then click OK:
- Click the user account that you forgot the
password for, and then click Reset Password.
- Type a new password in both the New password
and the Confirm new password boxes, and then click OK.
I saw this tip here: http://www.infopackets.com/gazette/20040623.htm